• Up to 15.3 Mbit/s Ethernet over twisted pair or 30.6 Mbit/s with bonding
• 2 port 100 Mbit L2 switch supporting VLAN and QoS
• Legacy connection via RS-232 port
• Port access control (802.1x) or MAC authentication
• RSTP and multimedia ring solutions
• Modem replacement, serial to IP, Modbus Gateway functions
• Basic installation with no configuration needed
• Web screen for simple configuration and CLI for professional use
• USB fluid configuration for easy maintenance
• 437,000 hours MTBF to MIL- HDBK -217F for extreme reliability
• Extensive line diagnostics and fault I/O contact and SNMPv3
• Robust design for vibration, temperature and dual power input
Westermo’s Ethernet extender technology based on SHDSL makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing copper cables, which can lead to considerable financial savings when installing new systems. DDW-142-12VDC-BP allows effective Ethernet networks to be created over long distances (up to 15 km/9.3 mi) at data rates up to 15.3 Mbit/s on a single twisted pair cable. By using two pairs “bonded” this rate can be doubled up to 30.6 Mbit/s. The integral switch allows 2 Ethernet devices to be attached and an RS-232 port for a legacy piece of equipment to be incorporated into the IP network.
The WeOS (Westermo Operating Systems) has been developed to allow cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique security functionality for this class of product as well as allowing the DDW-142-12VDC-BP to form part of a resilient multimedia ring network using the Westermo FRNT protocol or industry standard STP/RSTP. WeOS has been developed to provide industrial networking solutions and contains amazing serial connectivity capability – from being able to simulate an old AT modem, convert Modbus RTU to TCP or encapsulate serial data into an IP packet. The DDW-142-12VDC-BP is incredibly flexible and easy to use. A basic point to point or multidrop network can be created without the need for any kind of configuration.
The DDW-142-12VDC-BP is often used in applications on railways, roads or with utilities where failure could result in significant costs. All Westermo products are designed with high MTBF in mind to improve operational reliability and also give long service life. Even features like the SHDSL diagnostics and management allow indication of line degradation allowing planned maintenance. As the unit is designed for these applications Westermo also ensure that testing is carried out to ensure the unit can operate at extremes of temperature, EMC and vibration and still provide robust communications.
The Wolverine series of industrial Ethernet extenders allow cost-effective Ethernet networks to be created over long distances, at high data rates. The SHDSL technology employed makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing cabling which in turn can lead to considerable financial savings. With support for transparent point to point connections, multidrop networks, redundant rings, legacy serial connections and layer 3 routing functions, the Wolverine can meet any demand your application requires.
Carl de Bruin