• 28 Gigabit ports including 4 SFP fibre ports
• Powerful CPU and switch core
• Advanced WeOS layer 2 and 3 functionality
• Low power consumption DC power supply
• Highly configurable fault I/O contact
• Ultra-robust IP40 19" rack/wall mount housing
• 643,000 hours according to Telcordia
• -40 to +74 °C without ventilation holes
• Industrial and trackside type tested
• Professional CLI and web configuration
• Multiple network resilience solutions
The RedFox-5528 a high performance layer 2 industrial Ethernet switch designed for high network traffic applications. Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers. RedFox-5528 is powered by WeOS, the Westermo network operating system.
RedFox-5528 is designed for 19” cabinet according to the ETSI standard, which makes it suitable for use in control room networks as well as for cabinets installed along railway trackside installations. RedFox-5528 is designed to run efficiently from a DC power supply (not considered DC mains). The unit is also equipped with configurable I/O fault contact that makes it ideal for easy installations and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used, which gives RedFox-5528 an MTBF of 667,000 hours (Telcordia) that ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of -40 to +74°C (-40 to +165°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. RedFox-5528 has been tested both by Westermo and external test labs to meet many standards regarding EMC, isolation, vibration and shock, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed to allow offer cross platform and future-proof solutions. WeOS can deliver 20 ms ring recovery performance even for networks with video or EtherNet/IP traffic. For more WeOS functionality, please see the WeOS datasheet.
19” Rackmount Managed Ethernet Switch - low voltage version, layer 2
24 to 48 VDC
24 x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s, Ethernet TX, RJ-45
4 x 100/1000 Mbit/s SFP transceivers supported, Ethernet FX (LC)
Carl de Bruin