• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• Gbit or FE auto-negotiation and polarity detection
• Transparent to industrial Ethernet protocols
• Dual 9.6 – 57.6 VDC power input
• Total galvanic isolation between each cable screen
• 1.121.000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –40 to +74 °C (–40 to +165 °F) with no moving parts
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
• Port mirroring function
• Diagnostic LEDs
• DIP switches to lock port parameters for old equipment
The SDW-550-T5G is an unmanaged 5 port switch with five copper ports, all supporting 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s or Gbit Ethernet. It is designed for easy use in heavy duty industrial, maritime and rail trackside applications. The unit supports 802.1Q long packets which allow all standard industrial Ethernet protocols to be used.
The SDW-550-T5G is designed for use in industrial applications with dual 9.6 to 57.6 VDC power input. The unique “trigalvanic” isolation provides isolation between all ports, power supply and between each chassis screen avoiding ground loop currents.
The IP21 rating ensures that the unit can be installed in locations where condensed water may occur.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the SDW-550-T5G an MTBF of 1.121.000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of –40 to +74 °C (–40 to +165 °F) can be achieved with no moving parts.
The SDW-550-T5G has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial, trackside and maritime environments.
Network diagnostics are simplified with the inclusion of port mirroring on one port allowing data flow through the switch to be monitored using a network analyzer.
All five ports can have data rate and flow control locked by DIP switches which can eliminate problems with old legacy Ethernet equipment that is unable to support auto negotiation.
Carl de Bruin